Professional Piano Movers near Los Angeles
This page of our website presents local companies that move pianos and operate in Los Angeles County. This responsible task is performed by specialists with extensive work experience and the necessary qualifications. Everyone understands that moving a piano requires special attention and professionalism, ensuring safety during short distance transportation of a valuable musical instrument.
Piano moving companies in Los Angeles will help with the transportation of instruments of any size and any weight:
- Upright piano. Weighing about 650-750 lb. and about 4.5-5 ft height. To move a piano, special trolleys with wheels and belts are used for safe loading and descent in rooms without an elevator.
- Baby grand piano. It has smaller dimensions and weight (about 450-550 lb.) compared to an upright piano. Baby grand piano movers disassemble it and use a special stretcher or trolley.
- Parlor grand piano. It weighs about 700-780 lb., and the height is 4.4-4.6 ft. Movers companies also partially disassemble the piano to prevent damage and use belts, a special stand to move it.
- Grand piano. This is a large instrument with a height of about 4.2-4.6 ft and a length of 5-6 ft. It weighs about 1000-1100 lb. To transport such an instrument, grand piano movers provide a crew of experienced movers and a special cargo-transportation dolly.
Any moving company represented on this page guarantees that your instrument will be delivered intact and will retain its setup.
Top Movers in LA Specializing in Upright and Grand Piano Relocations
Los Angeles local specialists adhere to high quality standards when transporting dimensional instruments and take the following measures to make transportation fast, safe, and comfortable:
- Qualified staff. The team consists of experienced and trained specialists who have skills and knowledge in the field of transportation. They have experience working with different types of pianos and understand the features and requirements of each instrument.
- Knowledge of the area. Movers know Los Angeles County and the area around LA well. Therefore, they choose the shortest and safest routes.
- Professional equipment designed specifically for the transportation of musical instruments. This includes stretchers, trolleys, belts, protective coverings, and other devices that ensure the safe fixation and protection of instruments during transportation.
- Correct packaging using special materials to prevent damage during transportation. Specialists carefully wrap the instrument, protect it from shocks, vibrations, and dust, and ensure reliable fixation of all its parts.
Specialists also pay attention to ergonomics and observe the correct lifting and movement techniques to protect both your property and movers. They are looking forward to helping you with the piano moving and ensuring its safe delivery to the right place.
Comprehensive Guide to Cost for Moving Different Pianos near LA
Usually, the cost for moving a piano consists of two parts: hourly rate and extra heavy fee.
- Hourly rates for piano movers depend on what type of piano the customer would like to move to and how many movers will be able to do that. For an upright piano or baby grand piano 3 movers will be enough. The price range for 3 movers may start from $149 per hour. For larger types of pianos like Parlor grand piano or Grand piano minimum 4 movers are required for safety transportation. For such types of piano the hourly piano movers cost will start from $190 per hour. It is necessary to remember that there are many factors that can have a significant effect on piano moving service duration such as distance between current and new addresses, traffic, stairs, elevator, distance from house to truck parking spot, etc.
- Extra heavy fee may depend on type of piano and piano moving conditions (stairs, long carry). Generally, the extra heavy fee of moving a piano may be $300-$600.
Considering that most moving companies use 3 hours of service as minimum requirement, the total amount of how much is a piano mover will cost may has a range $750 – $1500.