Perfect Packing on How to Safely Tape a Box for Moving
There are several techniques for how to tape boxes for moving. We interviewed representatives of 5 moving companies near the Los Angeles County area and asked them a question “How to tape a moving box?”.
Most of them agreed that the reliable method is: 3 strips of tape across, 3 strips of tape along and one around of bottom part moving boxes.
Andrew G. – a mover from Mario Moving Company, who has more than 5 years of experience in the local moving industry, agreed to show step-by-step instructions on how to tape moving boxes:
- Tape the bottom part of moving boxes, before you put your belongings in.
- Take a flat box, straighten it to a cubic shape and turn it upside down.
- Fold the narrow sides of a moving box inside first and then the wide ones.
- Fix the tape line across about the middle of a box. An important note: taping moving box, tape should be applied to a box with a slight stretch.
- Fix two more lines across a box for moving at the left and right edges.
- Fix one line of the tape along the middle of a box.
- Fix two more tape lines on the left and right along the line where the center line ends.
- Taping boxes for moving fix the tape line along the full circumference of the bottom part of a box.
- Smooth the tape along all the lines with your hand.
After you finish to tape bottom part of the moving box, you can put your belongings inside a box and close it. If you have disassembled any of the items into parts, do not forget to pack all the parts (including bolts and screws) in the same box. Tape an upper part of a moving box with less use of the tape.
For example: two lines of tape across the left and right of the center and one line of tape along the center of a moving box.
Before Taping a Moving Box, Don’t Forget This Extra Step!
Remember: each fixed line of the tape should go to the sides of moving boxes for at least 3-5 inches. The way how to tape a moving box is very important, but to also keep in your mind, that you should fill moving box with your belongings up to the top edge of a box. Don’t pack a box for moving by half, try don’t leave a room inside at all to avoid damage of a moving box.
This is practice from professional movers of how to tape a box for moving, which they use on daily base. Tape boxes for moving in this way, and you will minimize the risk of opening the bottom of a box during transportation. Using this technique of taping boxes for moving, you can load even heavy items into boxes, such as dishes, weights, books and can be sure that your belongings will be safe!